Friday, December 26, 2008

Travel Equipment

Well, hello again! I am journeying through "the 19 things" at the pace of a tired snail. I am just finishing up with Google Reader. I have figured out how to add RSS feeds and how to organize my items into folders. I did discover one particular of folders I did not care for. There is no renaming of folders. If, heaven help you, you wish to rename a folder you have to move all items out of that folder,delete the folder,create a new folder with the new name you want and then move all the items you moved out of the old folder into the new folder. How is that for archaic?

I monitored my feeds for a few days. I was amazed at how many articles there are on a daily basis. I would think that if you have several feeds you are monitoring regularly that it could take a good chunk of time each day or week to keep up. Phew! I am wondering what happens to the older entries. Do they get automatically deleted after a certain amount of time or do they all just stay there taking up cyberspace?

I was thinking I need a handy cyber version of a safari vest to keep all my "19 things" in. You know the kind of vest I mean; one of those with all the pockets travelers keep their documents, money, maps, camera, film, etc. in to keep essentials near and safe. Yeah, that would be the ticket!

Until next time, I'm on the web 2.0 road to other places and "things".

No comments: