It has been a long journey through Web 2.0 but I am now on the homeward leg. I have stopped off here in "Web 2.0 award winners" and of course am checking out a winner from the travel category. The one I looked at is boo.com. This website was chosen as a winner by the judges, who are from the arenas of web blogging, entrepreneurship, and business. Boo.com placed third in the travel category by attaining 4 stars(out of a possible 5)for usability,5 for usefulness,3 for social aspects,4 for UI & design, and 4 for content quality.
The site is set up with the necessary tools for planning travel such as reviews, links to the websites of hotels and attractions, currency converters, and maps.
I didn't have to sign up to use the site. I chose to search Agra, India. When the page came up (it looked very much like an igoogle page)it gave me the overall city rating (I'm not sure how this rating is achieved), the current weather, photographs of places of interest(the Taj Mahal is in Agra), a hotel search, reviews, a list of the best things to do, and recommended hotels. I would definitely use the site again as part of my preparation for planning a trip. I am not sure what the application for the library might be; perhaps as one of the icons on the desktop for the Internet stations. Until the next and final time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment