Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Technorati

I took a cruise through Technorati. There was so much to see that it was overwhelming. The top blogs listed today are "Huffington Post" which is an American news website and aggregated weblog founded by Arianna Huffington and Kenneth Lerer and it features many news sources and columnists;"Engadget" which covers what is new in gadgets and consumer electronics (I think I will go back there again and spend some more time looking around); and "TechCrunch" is a blog about Web 2.0 products and companies. At this stage of my trip through Web 2.0 I don't have the luxury of spending much time in any one place so I may not have ferreted out the correct reasons that these blogs are popular, but it may be because the sites have managed to build trust and reputations with their readers. Engadget was established in 2004, and both of the others in 2005 so they have been around a few years.
If I were going to add a Technorati blogging tool to my blog it would most likely be the news widget which displays the the top five news stories from mainstream media sites (washingtonpost.com, nytimes.com, bbc.co.uk etc.). I did not take the chance for extra credit and sign up for a Technorati account. I have the end of this journey in site and must hurry on. Until next time.

No comments: